expected to gather at Glen Oaks Community College on Tues., October 8 as part of the 23 rd Annual College
Night. Admission representatives from over 55 colleges, universities and military agencies will be on hand for
the event, which will be held in the College gymnasium from 6:30 to 8 p.m. The event is free and open to the
College representatives will answer questions about the admission process, entrance requirements and
programming. Students have the benefit of exploring higher education options available to them, all in one
“Students and parents will have the opportunity to speak directly with college representatives throughout the
evening, without having to travel to various campuses, make telephone calls, or search the Internet for
information,” said Tonya Howden, GOCC director of admissions.
A free Financial Aid Information Session will take place from 6 to 7 p.m. in the Nora Hagen Theatre,
Room D235 at Glen Oaks. Jean Zimmerman, GOCC director of financial aid, will discuss how students and
families can take advantage of federal and state grants, scholarships and loans. Zimmerman will also address
the application timelines and deadlines critical to the overall financial aid process.
In addition to GOCC, the list of colleges and U.S. military agencies expected to participate are listed below:
Ball State University
Central Michigan University
Columbia College Chicago
Eastern Michigan University
Ferris State University
Ferris State-Dowagiac Campus
Glen Oaks Community College
Grace Bible College
Grand Valley State University
Great Lakes Christian College
Grove City College
Indiana University – Purdue University
Indiana University – South Bend
Johnson & Wales University
Lake Michigan College
Lake Superior State University
Lawrence Technological University
Michigan Air National Guard
Michigan State University
Michigan Technological University
Northern Michigan University
Saginaw Valley State University
Saint Mary’s College
Siena Heights University
Southwestern Michigan College
Spring Arbor University
Trine Univ. School of Professional Studies
University of Michigan
Western Michigan University
WMU – College of Aviation
WMU – Haworth College of Business
WMU – ROTC
questions of the college representatives. Some questions to consider include the following:
- What are the admissions requirements?
- What assistance is available if I am undecided about my career goal?
- Do you offer the program of study that interests me? Are there special requirements for admission to that program?
- What deadlines should I be especially aware of as I consider applying?
- How do I arrange a campus tour and a meeting with a college advisor?
- What employment assistance do you provide prior to and after graduation?
- What kinds of support services do you offer?
- Do you have on-campus housing? What other living arrangements do you offer?
- What student organizations or activities does the college offer?
- Can you provide me with information about tuition and fees?
- How do I apply for financial assistance? Am I eligible for scholarships?
For more information, contact the Glen Oaks Community College Admissions Office at 269.467.9945, Ext. 253
or toll free 888.994.7818.