Armstrong International originated in Three Rivers in 1900 and has offices and manufacturing facilities around the globe. A family-owned company headquartered in the United States, Armstrong provides intelligent system solutions that improve utility performance, lower energy consumption, and reduce environmental emissions while providing an enjoyable experience. The Armstrong International Business has been created to assist incoming students at Glen Oaks Community College (GOCC) who have an interest in pursuing a career in business.
- The student must be enrolled in a business curriculum that will ultimately lead to obtaining a specific business degree.
- Students must be enrolled full-time (12 credit hours or more)
- Student must be a first year student with a minimum 2.5 GPA
- St. Joseph County resident
- The scholarship will be awarded to two students annually that reside/attend high school in St. Joseph County and are incoming freshman.
- The recipients will be expected to maintain a 2.5 GPA while receiving this scholarship.
- Students will be selected by the scholarship committee based upon the above criteria.
- The scholarship to be used specifically towards tuition and book fees.
- Two separate scholarships will be awarded (effective with the 2016-2017 fall class) to qualifying students at $5,000 each to be used specifically towards tuition and book fees.
- Are not eligible.
The Office of Financial Aid will disburse the scholarship according to the standard school policy.
If, at any time, the College Foundation policies and procedures in effect for the administration of award and scholarship funds are changed, these provisions are automatically modified to conform.
Whenever it appears that changing conditions make this plan no longer applicable, practical, or suited to the general purposes stated above, the College Foundation would confer with the donor or their representative to secure a modification of the plan. If the Foundation is unable to locate the donor or their representative after reasonable efforts, then the Foundation is authorized to utilize the fund for any other suitable educational purpose, so that the fund will provide the maximum service to the community through the advancement of higher education.