Withdrawal Policy

A student finding it necessary to withdraw from the college must file an official withdrawal form with the Office of the Registrar. Failure to obtain official release can result in failing grades in all subjects from which the student fails to withdraw, and deprivation of tuition refund privileges in effect at the time of withdrawal.
Upon official voluntary withdrawal from the college, grades are assigned according to the effective date of withdrawal as follows:

If withdrawal is made during the first 10% of the academic period, no grade is recorded.
Following the first 10% of the academic period and not to exceed 40% of the total academic period, a student will receive an automatic “W” (instructor’s signature not required).

Following the automatic “W” period and not to exceed 90% of the total academic period, the grade of “W,” “NC,” or 0.0 is entered depending on the student’s progress in the course as determined by the instructor at the time of withdrawal (instructor signature is required through this time).

During the final 10% of an academic period a “W” will not be issued.

A “W” will not be calculated as part of the student’s grade point average (GPA).