TRIO Scholars Award
Only TRIO SSS students are eligible for these scholarships, which are awarded as funding allows each semester on a competitive basis. To be eligible for this scholarship, you must meet ALL of the following criteria by the scholarship application deadline:
- Must be a current TRIO SSS participant
- Must have completed a minimum of twelve (12) credits at GOCC and be registered for at least three (3) credits in the upcoming semester
- Have participated in at least one (1) contact with TRIO staff during the previous semester of attendance (i.e. intake, academic advising, career advising, etc.)
- Participated in at least one (1) TRIO SSS on-campus/on-line workshop or have met with TRIO staff to complete a make-up workshop during the previous semester of attendance
- Currently have and maintain at least a 2.0 cumulative GPA
- Have fully completed the application and all required documents/projects (see application packet for details).
- Have not previously received two (2) TRIO Scholars Awards for the semester for which you are applying
- Submit the application packet by the deadline listed on the application
Applications are released at least one (1) month prior to the application deadline (toward the end of each semester). Applications can be found on the TRIO SSS GO-zone page or requested from any TRIO SSS staff.
Phone: (269) 294-4324
“TRIO Student Support Services is federally funded at 92% by the U.S. Dept. of Education in the amount of $220,000 and 8% funded by Glen Oaks Community College for the 2015-2016 year.”