Director of Information Technology
September 14, 2020
The Systems Analysis and Support Engineer will assist in the execution of IT functions within the college, which include support duties, administrative duties, technical management, customer service, troubleshooting, analysis, and assisting users with technical solutions and training. Examples performed by this position include:
- Must be a disciplined self-starter with an eye for detail.
- Provide general Tier 1 Support (basic help desk resolution and service desk delivery) including:
- Both software and hardware troubleshooting
- Assisting users with password resets in various systems
- Provide specific Tier 2 Support (in-depth technical support) including:
- Both software and hardware troubleshooting
- Occasional hardware installation and maintenance
- Manage Tier-3 Support when needed.
- Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, storyboards, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, event lists, business analysis, competitive product analysis, task and workflow analysis, and/or viewpoints.
- Decompose high-level business and user requirements into functional requirements and quality, specified in an appropriate level of detail suitable for user by those who must base their work on the requirements.
- Develop, analyze, prioritize, and organize requirement specifications, data mapping, diagrams, and flowcharts for solutions development and testing.
- Write requirement specifications according to standard templates, using natural language simply, clearly, unambiguously, and concisely.
- Provide reports as required in a variety of tools, including but not limited to Informer and Excel.
- Develop and provide training for the staff on reporting tools, queries and SIS
- Support the LMS used by the college.
- Support CIS Controls 1 (hardware inventory management), 2 (software inventory management), 4 (control use of administrative privileges), 6 (analyze security logs), and 17 (security awareness and training).
- Manage small to medium projects from initiation to closure.
- Collaboratively manage backups and backup testing.
- May occasionally install Windows and Linux Operating Systems and software applications.
- Prepare and maintain documents, files, and records in order to document activities, conveying information and/or providing an up-to-date reference and audit trail.
- Assist the IT Director with the management of the ERP
- Perform continual service improvement in all areas of responsibility.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the IT Director for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
- Associate degree with 2+ years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Proficient in Microsoft Windows 10, Microsoft Office, and Linux.
- Strong problem solving and team work skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects from initiation to closure.
- Experience communicating with non-technical staff and guiding technical decisions.
- Ability to quickly learn unfamiliar and rapidly changing technologies.
- Experience with relational databases and T-SQL.
- Experience working in an AD environment.
- Creative problem-solver who can easily adapt to changing priorities.
- Must be a disciplined self-starter with strong attention to detail.
- Highly motivated, organized and proactive with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Prior working experience in a school, college, or university.
- Knowledge of ITIL.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Windows Server 2016.
- Experience with reporting tools such as Informer.
- Experience with Ellucian Colleague.
- Experience working with databases.
- Experience working with Cisco Call Manager.
- Experience in data integration, extraction, and reporting is highly recommended.
- Experience with Softdocs Etrieve preferred.
- Experience in Linux or Unix.
- Experience with an ECM and ERP.
- Experience with project management.
- Familiarity with Azure and MS Cloud technologies.
Employees in this position must be able to perform the following functions of the job, with or without, reasonable accommodation:
- Occasionally ascend/descend stairs, ladders and the like.
- Occasionally lift or move objects up to 50 pounds.
- Remain in a stationary position, often standing or sitting for prolonged periods.
- Frequent repeating motions that may include the wrists, hands, and/or fingers including the operation of a computer terminal and manipulation of tools.
- Occasionally moving self in different positions to accomplish tasks in various environments including tight and confined spaces.
- Frequent moving about to accomplish tasks, including moving from one worksite to another.
- Communicating with others to exchange information.
To apply, submit cover letter, resume, unofficial transcripts, and three professional references to: Glen Oaks Community College, Attn: Human Resources, 62249 Shimmel Road, Centreville, MI 49032; or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications may also be faxed to (269)467-4114. Position will remain open until September 23, 2020 or until filled.