The Forty & Eight has 35,000 member Voyageurs worldwide. Voiture Locales meet at Legion Posts or at their own Chateau (club house). Membership is invitation only to honorably discharged veterans and active duty personnel.
One (1) $750.00 scholarship will be awarded annually ($250.00 per semester for 3 semesters) to a student pursuing a degree in Nursing at Glen Oaks Community College.
Eligibility Criteria for Scholarship
- Student must have a 3.0 or higher cumulative gpa.
- Student must be accepted into the Nursing program at Glen Oaks Community College.
- Student must be enrolled full-time (12 credit hours or more) or the enrollment level pursuant to meeting the course requirements each semester.
- Financial circumstances, academic ability, and career goals will be taken into consideration.
- Student must submit a letter of recommendation from a Glen Oaks Community College faculty or staff member
Maintenance Criteria for Scholarship
- Student must maintain a 3.0 or higher cumulative gpa each semester while receiving the scholarship.
- Student must be enrolled full-time (per the eligibility criteria above) each semester receiving the scholarship.