VP of Academics
July 15, 2021
In accordance with the mission of a community college, Welding Technology faculty at Glen Oaks Community College is expected to teach in a range of courses across the curriculum primarily for high school CTE students housed at Constantine, MI high school. The faculty member’s teaching load will be defined as instructing a CTE Welding section in the morning and one in the afternoon five days per week on the high school calendar. Additional adjunct teaching for evening and Saturday college courses may be taught for additional compensation. Faculty are expected to facilitate student learning by designing varied and exciting learning environments, developing and revising course curricula, integrating new technologies, embracing a multicultural environment and participating in academic and K-12 and college committees and meetings.
- Work with St. Joseph County CTE Director to evaluate curriculum and data annually to assure continuous improvement.
- Mentor and advise students.
- Assure instructional outcomes are established for all courses and that they are aligned with the needs of employers and transfer institutions.
- Plan and prepare instructional course materials, equipment, and other student experiences necessary to facilitate high quality instruction.
- Upkeep welding lab spaces to ensure a safe and quality learning environment each semester.
- Assist in planning and leading advisory board meetings.
- Work with high school principal and other school personnel to ensure policies and procedures are followed as necessary.
- Facilitate required support services (special education, counseling academic support) available for students.
- Work collaboratively with the St. Joseph County CTE Consortium to provide state-required reporting information.
- Must possess a minimum of an Associate degree or equivalent direct industrial welding experience.
- Possess AWS welding certification or able to acquire certification.
- Ability to develop and deliver curriculum.
- Ability to develop and maintain contact and industry partnerships for students’ internships, guest speakers, field trips and demonstrations.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal).
- Experience working with welding industry or related experience.
- Preferred teaching experience at the high school and/or college level including classroom, skills laboratory and internships.
- Demonstrated sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, ability/disability, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, faculty and staff.
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree
To apply: Send cover letter, resume, unofficial transcripts, and three professional references to the Human Resources Department, Glen Oaks Community College, 62249 Shimmel Road, Centreville, MI 49032, or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Position open until July 23, 2021, or until filled.
Glen Oaks Community College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity, Title IX, Section 504 Employer. This organization participates in E-verify. For more information, please visit the DHS E-verify site.