Note: there are two (2) of these positions available.
Dean of Academics
Part-Time, Contracted (EduStaff)
May 26, 2022
The Welding Technology Teaching Assistant will assist the Welding Instructor with high school students who are learning skills in the Welding Technology lab(s). This individual will work Monday – Friday, 29 hours per week during the school year (9 month position).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work collaboratively with the instructor supporting students as they obtain practical skills and knowledge in the various areas of Welding Technology
- Assist the instructor with various assignments, facilitate student learning, and supervise the students throughout the classroom and lab areas
- Assist the instructor during all phases of instruction
- Assist the instructor in maintaining student records
- Assist instructor with inventory, ordering, and accounting procedures
- Assist the instructor with scheduling and conducting advisory meetings
- Help maintain inventory, equipment, safety, and security
- Encourage students to think independently and to express original ideas
- Perform other functions as assigned by supervisor and/or instructor
- High school graduate
- Knowledge of welding safety, repair, and maintenance
- Basic Computer skills (including Microsoft Word and Excel) and the ability and willingness to learn new technology
- Demonstrated positive interpersonal relationship skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Any state of Michigan Welding Certification
- Experience working with high school age students
To apply: Send cover letter, resume, and three professional references to the Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or attach to our online application. Position will remain posted until filled.
Glen Oaks Community College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity, Title IX, Section 504 Employer. This organization participates in E-verify. For more information, please visit the DHS E-verify site.