Please use our Services locator options below in order to find the service/resource you are looking for.
Degree selection is traditionally based on a person’s career or employment goals. Selecting a degree can be a difficult task if you are uncertain what you would like to accomplish or what type of work you find interesting and meaningful. Aspirations are good indicators of what is important, but aspirations can be overwhelming and confusing when trying to tie them to a specific career pathway.
It takes time and effort to identify what might be a good fit for you, taking into account various factors like your interests, motivators, and desired level of education. Taking advantage of every opportunity available to you is the first step in gaining the necessary knowledge to create a plan or successful career pathway. The Career Counselor is available to provide advising, guidance, and testing support to assist students with career exploration.
How Do I Get Started?
Currently enrolled students have the opportunity to complete the Strong Interest Inventory, which is the main tool that the Career Counselor uses to help students narrow down careers or fields of study based on their interests, motivations, values and habits. Whether you plan to transfer to a 4-year school or enter the workforce after obtaining a certificate or associate degree, the Strong Interest Inventory helps students learn about various careers and pathways.
Please contact Rachel Templin to learn more about how the Strong Interest Inventory can help you.
- Career OneStop
- Find occupational requirements, wage and employment trends, state-by-state labor market conditions, thousands of employer contacts nationwide, and the most extensive career resource library online.
- Michigan Works! Southwest
- Michigan Works! Southwest is a local agency that develops opportunities with our connections between job seekers and employers. We are available in the following counties: Branch, Calhoun, Kalamazoo and St. Joseph.
- O*Net Online
- Onet Online contains detailed descriptions for thousands of occupations.
- With pathfinder, you can search for exciting and interesting careers, discover schools in Michigan that offer programs of interest, see detailed job projections, annual openings, growth potential, and salaries for Michigan, as well as view Michigan’s top careers!
- Pure Michigan Talent Connect
- Link to hundreds of local and statewide Michigan employers through top of the line labor market exchange system. Post resumes and directly connect to opportunities that align with your skills, talents, and passions.