High School Options
Give Your Student a Jump Start on Their College Education!
To enroll in any of these different programs, students will first need approval from their high school as well as have qualifying test scores (if applicable) for courses.
Dual Enrollment Benefits:
- Taking college courses while in high school, getting a jump start on courses you will need later.
- Experience being a college student with classes on campus, or sometimes even in your own high school!
- Exploring subjects you may not have the chance to learn about in high school!
- Transfer of credits to other colleges (2-year, 4-year, public, and private).
Early Middle College Benefits:
- Save time and money
- Get a head start on your career
- Transition smoothly to a four-year college or into the workforce
Students do have the option to take courses and pay on their own, provided a parent/guardian and a GOCC advisor have given permission. At this point they are considered a High School Guest.
These videos will help you learn important parts of being a college student and taking classes at Glen Oaks.