Student Ambassadors are expected to be enthusiastic, positive individuals who serve the college with pride and professionalism. Ambassadors will increase student engagement, develop leadership skills, and positively represent the student body.
Skills required for this scholarship include: excellent communication skills (verbal and written), proficient computer skills, leadership ability, productive member of a team, and effective time management.
This scholarship is in the amount of $200.00 per semester for a maximum of two semesters each academic year. It is renewable for a second year provided the ambassador meets all eligibility and maintenance requirements listed below, and the Director of Admission must permit the renewal.
- New students with a high school grade point average of 3.0; transfer students with a college grade point average of 3.0; or current students with a Glen Oaks grade point average of 3.0.
- Enroll in a minimum of 6 credit hours each semester in which student receives scholarship.
- Ambassadors must attend a mandatory orientation and training session.
- Work a minimum of 10 hours per semester, which can include campus events and tours, Campus Activities Board events, our annual College Fair, scheduled ambassador orientation, trainings, meetings, recruiting events, and light office work.
- Students will complete and submit the Student Ambassador Application (available on the Glen Oaks web site or in the Student Services Office).
- Deadline to submit all application materials is SEPTEMBER 13th for the Fall semester.
- Submissions must include all parts to be considered.
- Select applicants will participate in an interview with the Admissions Office and/or college staff.
- A maximum of 8 ambassadors will be selected by the Admissions Office and/or college staff based upon application, letter of reference, and interview.
- Maintain a grade point average of 3.0 each semester in which student receives scholarship.
- Attend scheduled ambassador trainings, meetings, and events.
- Work a minimum of 10 hours per semester, which can include campus events and tours, scheduled ambassador orientation, trainings, meetings, recruiting events, and light office work.
- $100 will be awarded at the beginning of each semester in which the student receives the scholarship.
- $100 will be awarded after the student has worked the minimum 10 hours that are required.
- If the ambassador does not fulfill the 10 minimum hours required to work, he/she must reimburse the college the awarded scholarship amount (equal to $100).