Dean of Academics
June 9, 2021
Glen Oaks Community College is seeking qualified candidates for Adjunct Instructors for our Adjunct Instructor Pool in all areas, however we may have more immediate needs for Instructors in the following areas:
The Adjunct Instructor Pools are for applicants who are interested in teaching in the future as a (part-time) Adjunct Instructor for one of our departments. The Instructor Pools are always open for applications. However, this does not mean that we have an immediate opening in the division. The Adjunct Instructor Pools function as a way for the Academic Department to view applicant materials in advance of a need, and determine if the applicant will be approved or not approved to be added to their pool of eligible applicants. Should a part-time instructional need arise in a given department, the Dean will look first at the approved applicants to see if anyone matches our needs, in which case they may make contact to schedule an interview.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsible for instruction and facilitating student learning; committed to student recruitment, retention and success; assessment of learning, development of curriculum and use of instructional delivery modes utilizing both traditional and non-traditional methodology.
- Teach assigned course which may include day, night, and online courses, as well as at the main campus and extension centers. Classes are to meet on time for the full allotted time.
- Establish and promote an effective learning environment that maximize documented student learning.
- Prepare, submit and maintain reports related to student learning.
- Grading assignments in a meaningful way to promote continued student growth, returning graded assignments to students in a timely manner, and assigning final grades for all students, meeting or beating all institutional deadlines for completion.
- Provide educational assistance to students during regularly scheduled and posted times (i.e., office hours) or by appointment.
- Encourage student opinion survey completion for each class and then reviewed after summary information available to assist with increasing student success.
- Maintain levels of professional knowledge and expertise, including compliance training or hour.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Master’s Degree in discipline with18 credits in the specific discipline.
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse populations representing a wide range of abilities, ages, nationalities and cultures.
- Experience with instructional technology preferred.
- Teaching experience at the college level preferred.
To apply: Send cover letter, resume, unofficial transcripts, and three professional references to the Human Resources Department, Glen Oaks Community College, 62249 Shimmel Road, Centreville, MI 49032, or e-mail to email@example.com. Applications reviewed as received.
Glen Oaks Community College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity, Title IX, Section 504 Employer. This organization participates in E-verify. For more information, please visit the DHS E-verify site.