8:15 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
8:15 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Closed – Saturday & Sunday
Welcome to the Glen Oaks Community College Financial Aid Office. The Financial Aid Office provides various options for assisting students with their educational expenses. Options include grants, scholarships, work opportunities, and loans.
The first step in applying for federal student aid is completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
Students should apply for aid as soon as possible, allowing at least two months before the start of their first semester of enrollment. A FAFSA must be completed each year. For maximum consideration of funds, students should complete the FAFSA application process by the following deadlines:
Winter Semester – Complete by October 1
Summer Semester – Complete by April 1
- Create a FSA ID to electronically sign your FAFSA application.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) after October 1st prior to the fall semester you plan to attend a college or university
- List GOCC school code #002263 on the FAFSA to have your FAFSA results sent electronically to the Glen Oaks Financial Aid Office.
- A Student Aid Report (SAR) which summarizes the information reported on the FAFSA will be sent directly to you by the Department of Education.
- When you receive your Student Aid Report, look it over carefully to make sure the information is correct. The information on the SAR will be used by our office to determine your eligibility for the Federal Pell Grant program, and for most other types of aid. If corrections are needed, return to studentaid.gov, login as a returning user, make the correction(s), sign and submit.
- The Financial Aid Office may request additional verification documents. Please respond to document requests promptly. You can check the status of your FAFSA and verification documents via myGOCC.
- When all requested documents have been submitted you will be notified through your myGOCC portal.
Financial Aid Staff
Financial Aid Office: (269) 294-4260
Federal Tax Return Transcripts
Tax filers can request a tax return transcript, free of charge, from the IRS in one of three ways; online, by phone or by completing a Form 4506-T.
Submit the tax return transcript to Glen Oaks Community College; make sure to include the student’s name and ID# on the transcript.
GOCC Financial Aid Office
62249 Shimmel Road
Centreville, MI 49032
If your tuition and fees are paid, and your financial aid award is greater than the amount of your tuition and fees paid, this will result in a credit balance on your student account. This credit balance will be available for you to use at the Follett Bookstore and/or as a credit balance refund check.
The earliest date your credit balance refund check could be available to you is 4 weeks after the start of the semester. Disbursement dates can vary based on your class start dates. Please see below the credit balance refund dates for students who are attending classes starting the first week of the semester.
Students must meet class attendance standards before federal financial aid disburses to their account. Class attendance standards include participation as defined by each instructor.
(The above dates apply if class attendance standards have been met for at least 6 credit hours)