The College Council is a representative body of the College whose purpose is to develop, align and integrate planning processes to facilitate positive change in the institution and to model continuous quality improvement (CQI) principles.
For maintaining accreditation through the Higher Learning Commission, in 2000, Glen Oaks began an innovative process called the Academic Quality Improvement Project (AQIP). At an AQIP Strategic Forum in January 2005, Glen Oaks participants identified needs of the college, including the need for improved internal communication and the need for a revised strategic planning process. To address these needs, Glen Oaks has begun a new model for strategic planning, implementation, internal communication called the College Council.
- Develop and provide oversight for the Strategic Plan
- Identify, prioritize, and coordinate specific strategies for implementation
- Create Core Strategy Teams
- Assess, coordinate, prioritize and adopt Core Strategies
- Monitor institutional effectiveness and quality improvement initiatives
- Serve as a communication and recommendation forum