Apply For Aid
Students should apply for aid as soon as possible, allowing at least two months before the start of their first semester of enrollment. A FAFSA must be completed each year. For maximum consideration of funds, students should complete the FAFSA application process by the following deadlines:
- Fall Semester – Complete by May 1
- Winter Semester – Complete by October 1
- Summer Semester – Complete by April 1
Students can apply after the deadline but there may be a delay in processing the aid in time for registration.
Steps to Apply
- Create a FSA ID to electronically sign your FAFSA application.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) after October 1st prior to the fall semester you plan to attend a college or university
- List GOCC school code #002263 on the FAFSA to have your FAFSA results sent electronically to the Glen Oaks Financial Aid Office.
- A Student Aid Report (SAR) which summarizes the information reported on the FAFSA will be sent directly to you by the Department of Education.
- When you receive your Student Aid Report, look it over carefully to make sure the information is correct. The information on the SAR will be used by our office to determine your eligibility for the Federal Pell Grant program, and for most other types of aid. If corrections are needed, return to studentaid.gov, login as a returning user, make the correction(s), sign and submit.
- The Financial Aid Office may request additional verification documents. Please respond to document requests promptly. You can check the status of your FAFSA and verification documents via myGOCC.
- When all requested documents have been submitted you will be notified through your myGOCC portal.